For what purpose do we collect your personal information?
Robert Wehbe & Partners collects personal information for the primary purpose of advising and representing clients in accordance with client instructions, including for the purposes of legal proceedings. We also collect personal information for marketing purposes.
Information is only collected:
- if necessary for Robert Wehbe & Partners’ operations
- by lawful and fair means and not unreasonably obtrusively
- where practicable, only from the individual concerned.
Robert Wehbe & Partners takes reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the organisation
- any law requiring collection of the information and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
How might we use and disclose your personal information?
Robert Wehbe & Partners discloses personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected, ie advising and representing clients in accordance with client instructions, including for the purpose of legal proceedings; or,
- where the individual would reasonably expect this; or,
- where the individual has consented; or,
- for direct marketing by Robert Wehbe & Partners but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of direct marketing. Robert Wehbe & Partners includes its contact details in any direct marketing.
How is your personal information kept accurate and up-to-date?
Robert Wehbe & Partners takes steps to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to the data come to its attention. Robert Wehbe & Partners disregards information which seems likely to be inaccurate or out of date by reason of the time which has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
Is your personal information secure?
Robert Wehbe & Partners protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner which protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
Do you have access to your personal information?
Robert Wehbe & Partners acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them, and to have inaccurate information corrected. Access to information is subject to client confidentiality and legal professional privilege.
Can you maintain anonymity when dealing with our firm?
Robert Wehbe & Partners allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.
Is your personal information sent overseas?
Robert Wehbe & Partners does not send personal information outside Australia, except in individual cases where necessary for the purpose of particular matters and in accordance with client instructions. Robert Wehbe & Partners ensures such disclosures are subject to the same privacy protection as within Australia.
Do we collect sensitive information?
Robert Wehbe & Partners does not collect sensitive information unless it is specifically relevant and necessary for the purpose of advising or representing a client, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims. Robert Wehbe & Partners does not use government identifiers (eg. tax file numbers) to identify individuals.